VEGAN STRAWBERRY MARSHMALLOW FLUFF RECIPE
Now that British strawberries are in season (and mini vegan is STILL to make an appearance) I thought you might like a recipe or 2 to make your summer a tastier place! Vegan marshmallow fluff is really common in America but I’ve found it impossible to get over here and can be used to make cake fillings, put on toast, sandwich between cookies or with ice cream so have fun! xx
- 1 large 400g punnet of strawberries blended (to make 1 1/4 cups of pureé)
- 1 tbsp VegeSet (I got mine for about £1.50 from Fuzzi in Winchester)
- 1 bottle of agave (enough for 1 cup) you can also use maple syrup or sweet freedom
- 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
What you do:
- In a LARGE saucepan (this mixture will rise a LOT whilst cooking!) mix together 1/2 cup agave, sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup blended strawberry.
- Heat on a medium high heat until it reaches 170 degrees C (use a digital thermometer) stirring every now and again with a wooden spoon (this will take 10-15 minutes but don’t forget about it!)
- Meanwhile, in a glass bowl mix together 3/4 cup strawberry pureé, vegeSet and 1 1/2 tbsp water and microwave on full power for 20 seconds.
- Add the microwaved mixture into a stand mixer or bowl with the remaining 1/2 cup agave.
- When the heated mixture has reached the right temperature pour it into the bowl/ stand mixer too and mix for 5 mins on a medium speed or with a hand mixer.
- Add 1 cup of icing sugar and the vanilla and mix for 3 mins at a high speed.
- Add another cup of icing sugar and mix for 3 mins.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and mix for 3 mins.
- Pour into sterilised 3 large jam jars and store in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.