VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH & OREO PIE HEARTS
I saw this amazing recipe whilst stalking about on Pinterest and HAD to veganise it!! Make sure you click on their tutorial for amazing free printable labels though as they’ll turn these babies into perfect gifts!
What you need:
- Ready made puff pastry or short crust pastry (Jus Rol is easy to get)
- A packet of Oreos (YES UK OREOS ARE NOW VEGAN but check the packs as some of the nasty old ones are still about. I’ve used Trios from VX as thats what I happen to use in my bakery)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (for melting)
· 1/2 cup soy milk
· 2/3 cup canola oil
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 1 1/3 cups sugar
· 2 tablespoons corn flour
· 2 cups flour
· 2/3 cup cocoa
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2/3 cup chocolate chips
What you do:
- Melt the chocolate chips with 1/3 cup of the soy milk in either a microwave or in a glass dish placed in a saucepan of boiling water (makeshift double-boiler).
- Pour the melted chocolate and soy milk into a large bowl, then add the rest of the soy milk, oil, vanilla, sugar, and corn flour.
- Add in the flour (unsifted), cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir until thoroughly mixed, then add the chocolate chips.
- Roll out the pastry, cut into large hearts and place onto a baking sheet with a sheet of grease proof paper.
5. Add half an Oreo to the middle of each heart.
6. Add 1tsp of cookie dough on top of each Oreo.
7. Using a pastry brush, add a little soya milk around the edge of each heart.
8. Add a second pastry half onto each filled heart and crimp the edges with a fork.
9. Brush a little soya milk over the top of each heart and stab with a fork to help vent steam.
10. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 mins
11. Dust with a little icing sugar and enjoy!
12. Roll the left over cookie dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 10-15 mins