Raw vegan passion fruit cheese cake recipe
This is the first time Ive ever made a raw recipe so I was very excited! i ate the most fantastic raw cheese cake in London and ever since Ive been pining for more! If I won the lottery Id be on a train right this minute but alas I have to attempt my own 😉
I made this recipe up based on 3 other recipes I found online and what I could afford to buy. One thing I did notice is that nut based recipes aren’t very cheap so this is a HUGE treat for me and my friends at a vegan BBQ I had today!
What you need:
- 2 cups of nuts (most recipes say macadamia but I found these too expensive so went for almonds and pecans)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups of cashews (soaked over night unless you want gritty cheese cake!)
- 3/4 cup agave
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 6 passion fruits
what you do:
- Blend all the nuts EXCEPT cashews.
- chop all the dates as small as you can then add them to your nuts and blend again (I didn’t do this and the base had really big chunks of nuts in it as the whole dates were jamming the blades!)
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the bottom of your flan dish
- Push in the nut/ date mix to make your base
- Throw everything else (except passion fruit) into the cleaned out blender and blend like mad!
- Pour over the base and gently drop dish onto a work bench to get the air out!
- Freeze for 1 hour then move to the fridge.
- Cut open the passion fruits and sieve the insides discarding the bitter pips!
- Freeze the passion fruit juice
- JUST before serving take out the frozen passion fruit, mix with a spoon and pat over the cheese cake and enjoy!!