Although pesto usually includes cheese, vegan pesto is brilliant and super easy to make! You can pretty much make any combination you like as long as you have some nuts, herbs and oil! Here’s one I made last night using random bits and bobs I had left over from my weeks dinners!
What you need:
- 25g fresh coriander
- 25g fresh basil
- 10g fresh mint
- ground nut oil/ olive oil/ any oil you fancy
- 1 x lime (you only need the juice!)
- 40g peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 fresh chilli
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sugar (if needed)
what you do:
- Throw everything in a blender (except the sugar) with 2 tbsp oil and BLEND!
- If it looks a little dry add a little drizzle of oil and blend again!
- Now taste it. if its a little bitter add some sugar and blend.
- Cook up some pasta and fry some other bits and bobs you like (I went for tofu pieces, mushrooms, broccoli and sweetcorn)
- Drain the pasta, add in your fried bits and bobs and add a few tbsp pesto and stir through! Enjoy! (it keeps for a week in the fridge and is yummy in cold pasta for lunch boxes and picnics!)