So here is a yummy vegan christmasy cookie recipe to get you in the Xmas mood – they taste like gingerbread men but are much faster to make and nice and soft baked (nom nom nom). They took 5 minutes to mix and 8 minutes to bake so they’re my kind of cookie!! Enjoy lovelies! x x
What you need:
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar
– 3/4 cup vegan margarine
– 1 tbsp soya milk
– 2 tbsp golden syrup
– 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
– 2 cups plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 1/2 tsp or a little rub of nutmeg
– 50g vegan chocolate chips
What you do:
1. Blend together the sugar, syrup, margarine, vanilla and soya milk with a hand blender.
2. Add all the other ingredients except the chocolate and blend again.
3. Add the chocolate and stir
4. Roll dough into 1-2 inch balls (and roll in a little caster sugar for a sparkly finish)
5. Pop them on a greased baking tray about 1 inch apart and press down gently
6. Bake for 8-10 mins at 160 degrees C
7. Leave to rest on the tray for 5-10 mins out of the oven then pop on a cooling rack or scoff whilst warm!!